I’ve already said pretty much all there is to say about knitting Misty Seacoast, Lexie’s jumper. But I got the buttons sewn on last night, so I was finally able to take a finished picture (although the straps and armholes could still benefit from a good blocking; since it’ll be a year at least before Lexie wears it, I figure the blocking can wait):
I knit up roughly the size 4, but I made several modifications to get there. Once I’d knit the skirt the first time, it was larger than I wanted, so I cast on the number of stitches for the size 2 and went down a needle size (so I was no longer on gauge)…and then I had to figure out the proper number of stitches for the bodice with the smaller gauge. But I really liked the overall look of the finished product with the slimmer skirt and the firmer fabric.
The final finishing touch was the buttons from Wooden Treasures, and they were just perfect:
I wasn’t sure how I was going to get the right color and do the variegated/semisolid yarns justice, and the answer was natural wood with its own color variations. Now to tuck Lexie’s “princess dress” away ’til next year.